Scribbr Copyright Policy
Scribbr respects the intellectual property rights of all content creators. Copyright owners can manage their rights on Scribbr. To learn how, please read the “Copyright Disputes” section below.
Scribbr users are prohibited from submitting copyright-infringing content, including questions, answers and Documents. In other words, only submit your original work and not works created by someone else without their express authorization. Copying material from third party sources, either directly or by paraphrasing, is copyright infringement and therefore prohibited on Scribbr.
By submitting content on Scribbr, you represent that:
- You own the copyrights to the content or have express permission from the copyright owners to use and upload the content;
- Your uploading of the content will not violate any law, regulation, or ethics code, including your school’s academic integrity policy (if applicable);
Scribbr will remove or disable access to content if we are notified that it infringes on copyright. We will also terminate the accounts of those who repeatedly violate this Policy.
If you believe that content submitted on Scribbr infringes on a creative work that you or an entity you represent owns and you want to request that the content be taken down, you can submit a valid copyright infringement notice via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address listed in the “Contact Our Designed Agent for Copyright Infringement Notices” section below.
Copyright infringement notice
Please include the following information in your copyright infringement notice:
- A description of your work that you believe has been infringed.
Please identify the copyrighted work or list of works claimed to have been infringed.
- The URL(s) of the allegedly infringing content
Please provide us with the specific identification and location of the copyrighted work, including its URL on Scribbr. We need to make sure we properly locate the material you described.
- Your contact information
Please provide us with your contact information (name, address, phone number, and email address). We need to make sure we can get in touch with you throughout the process to ensure that your claim is sufficiently addressed.This information will be used to process your request and keep a record of your complaint. If we receive a valid counter-notice, your complaint (which includes your contact information) will be forwarded to the uploader.
- Include the following two statements
We require these two declarations to help protect against the possibility of erroneous or mistaken notifications.
- Please certify that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- Please certify that the information in your letter is accurate, and that you are the owner of the exclusive right to the identified work, or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right to the identified work.
- Your signature
Please provide a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. In some instances, this may be you.
If a user believes content they submitted has been removed in error and is not infringing, that user can submit a valid counter-notice to us via email to email@example.com.
Please include the following information in a counter-notice:
- Identification of the specific content and URL(s)
Please identify each item you believe was mistakenly removed or disabled for access, and provide the location at which the material was previously located.
- Your contact information
Please provide your name, address, and telephone number. Your counter notice (which includes your contact information) will be forwarded to the complaining party.
- Include the following statement
Please certify that you have a good faith belief the material was mistakenly removed.
- Your signature
Please provide a physical or electronic signature with your written communication.
Users can submit a valid counter-notification to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address listed in the “Contact Our Designated Agent for Copyright Infringement Notices” section below.
Contact Our Designated Agent for Copyright Infringement Notices
Copyright Compliance Department
2000 Seaport Blvd.
Redwood City, CA 94063